Tuesday, May 23, 2017

Last Day of Gymnastics


So today is the last day of gymnastics for Ashton. This is the 3rd season or year she's had it. But as it's during daycare, I've never seen it. Ashon has weekly violin that she has all year long. Ashton just finished her soccer Spring season. And we're discussing if she should continue into fall. We've kind of let go of her Chinese dancing she used to do. Now we may talk about if she wants to continue with gymnastics. Or maybe choose between soccer and gymnastics. I'm not sure. I don't want to make my daughter be "busy" with activities. And I can't afford a flurry of activities anyhow. I want her to enjoy family time and down time. But I do want her to find her passions. So I'm curious where she'll want to go and bloom.


Ashton now has a completion medal for gymnastics. That makes 4 medals. 3 for gymnastics participation and one for soccer. I never got a participation award for anything and have 1.5 ribbons (that half is a story in itself for another time) for theater. But never a trophy or medal. I must admit I'm a bit envious of my 5 year old who has surpassed me. Ha!


Though participation awards are nice, I'd like her to earn them for real, which I'm sure will come sooner than I think.

Image and video hosting by 

TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...