Sunday, February 26, 2017

Lazy One-on-One Time Sunday


My little artist draws all the time. About 20 pictures a day. I wish I could record her telling the intricate stories about all of them. But then I'd have posts about nothing else. I just try to take pictures of the most sentimental or best effort.

Above is Mousey. My mouse. I've had him since I was born, or very shortly after. He's precious to me. Well, Ashton asked about Mousey. She wanted me to bring him down off his shelf in her room so she could draw him. Bless her little heart! Don't know why she was so keen to. Lately, she's been drawing lots of Power Rangers. She just caught on to that old show and has been loving it. I guess it's a good thing that a remake movie is about to hit theaters soon.

Anyhow, this was her finished product. I've got to get this girl in some summer program art class for 5 year olds!


Today, I woke up to being so sore. Not my arm. It was tight and achy, but my legs. It was that great, almost pushed too much sore thighs. It hurt to go up and down the stairs. I was exhausted all day. But I liked the feeling, knowing I was kicking my own butt.

I think also, today might be the last time in the sling. I think I can keep it rested but not in a sling starting tomorrow. I can't wait!

We colored together, watched TV together, cleaned up the house a bit together. We pretty much just hung out together. My husband this whole weekend was working on building a theater set, so I got a lot of Ashton one-on-one time this weekend.

So today was a low key day. Ashton took Khaleesi's lead and clipped it to Pinky and started walking him around the house. I couldn't stop laughing. I love her creativity.


And as you can see, Khaleesi didn't seem to mind in the least. She didn't want a walk, Pinky could do it. It was a lazy day for Khaleesi too.

And in typical Ashton fashion, who hates to go to bed, she drew another dozen or so drawings. And she brought one that I thought was super sweet. It was of her and me. But she also added that she was wearing her blue dress-up 1700s outfit that I loved on her, which she wore once for less than 5 minutes about a month ago. She remembered, and wanted to draw it for me.


I told her that was a very special and beautiful photo, so much so that I was going to take it to work the next day and put it up on my desk. Man, did she beam with pride! I can't wait to put it up!

Image and video hosting by 

TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...