Tuesday, December 20, 2016

4 Year Referral-versary

4 years ago we knew who our daughter was.
3 years ago we re-adopted her on this miraculous day.

Honestly. Today 4 years ago was a MIRACLE.

Her first photo - us today - re-adoption day

It's so hard to believe that only 4 years ago, I saw my daughter's face for the first time. We hadn't met, but I saw my daughter's face. And what's funny, I call it our referral-versary, but it wasn't a referral. We found her. We picked her out, she was just waiting for her forever family to find her. And we did. I ALWAYS imagined the phone call from our agency. I imagined it'd be during work, during a meeting it which I'd be called out and told to look at my email. But no, not even close.

At home.
Without husband.
Late at night.

It's funny how God orchestrated it all. It's a miracle her file wasn't snatched up before us. It's a miracle we got all the doctors to call us back that night. It was a miracle that I happened to look when I did. It was a miracle that the muddy rain and anguish turned to white snow and excitement. 

If I was writing a novel, I couldn't have made it any better. It came across like a storybook. And I love that story. I love our baby! It was such a leap of faith. I wasn't ready to wait another 14 months like I was told I would that day, but I wasn't ready for right now either. But we did it. And look at us now.

Here are her first 4 original photos I saw of her. There were 5, but one is of her sick and with pink eye. She looks depressed and awful. That was her actual first photo. It was the one you clicked on to see a snippet of her bio and other photo. That was enough to get me hooked.

I tried to read so much in each of these photos until we met.

Here we are today! I did my best to look good. As I've been down and out since Saturday night. Started with a stomach bug and now migraine. So that's why the Truth in the Tinsel has been on a halt since Thursday with all the chaos. I'm hoping to get back on the bandwagon.

Our family today

Hubby had his eyes closed, so cropped him out, but Ashton had the best smile

We let Ashton stay up a bit late on her special day. I don't think she really understood. We told her that is when we first saw her photos, the ones that we have hung up in our house. We told her it wasn't Gotcha Day. But who knows. She just knew it was her day. I just wish I wasn't feeling so lousy so that I could really spend time with her today.



I can't imagine life without her. I feel like I've known her a lifetime. 4 years is too short. And to think I haven't even had her in my life for 4 years. It's unfathomable. She's just a natural extension of our family and I love her so much. Yes, there are many times I want to pull my hair out, the sleepless nights, the whining, the "slump" girl. But there are many that outweigh those moments. Hopefully, this blog is capturing all these moments best I can because she is growing up so fast!

Image and video hosting by 

TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...