Thursday, February 25, 2016

Share

Today, I got an email from International China Concern (ICC) from my reply. It was from the the Founder & CEO's Assistant. She wrote that as David was busy this month, he had asked for her to reply on his behalf.

She continued on saying that he was "deeply touched and encouraged" by what I shared and wondered if I would be open to share my story with the ICC community. They liked someone like myself "who has walked the journey with us in such a personal way."

I talked to my husband about it and then went to Ashton. See, it's not my story to tell. It's hers and hers alone. Though she's too young to fully realize what it means to share or not, We though it should be her call.

I went to her and asked if it was okay to talk about her adoption, Walk the Wall, and China family (those she met in St. Louis) and shared it with others to get more people to help the children in China. And she said yes, no hesitation. Again, she's only 4 years old. No real concept. But it's different sharing it with family and friends or anonymously online. I don't know myself what "sharing" means and where it will go. However, it is her story and I wanted her to feel the ownership of that.

So I wrote back letting them know it isn't my story, but hers and she said we could share. Now we just wait to hear back and see what that all means. I only pray to God that he uses whatever experiences we can share to encourage others to donate to ICC, or even better sponsor a child, or maybe, just maybe open their heart to adopt.
Image and video hosting by 

TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...