Thursday, November 19, 2015

Do or Do Not, There is No Try

My girl has had lots of trouble sleeping through the night. You wouldn't believe it seeing her here snuggling up with Abigail one of her many fox friends and excited to wear fox jammies that are super soft. But note this is her up and not going to bed yet. She's not much on smiles then.


It's just what it is. My daughter has trouble sleeping through the night. But lately she's had a really hard time of it.

A few days ago, we were in a store and walked by some green Yoda shoes that light up green.


Ashton was in love with them. They were green her favorite color and Yoda is her favorite Star Wars character.

So we tried them on to see if we could find her size; we did. And they were on sale, and I had a coupon on top of that. So I made a deal with my daughter. If she could sleep 3 nights in a row all by herself in her bed and sleep through the night without waking up, she could earn the shoes. She said deal.

She made it two out of three nights. That last night, she was crying and scared. She didn't sleep well at all, She was up most of the night.

But then the very next night she slept through the night, and again, and again. So she has slept 5 nights out of 6 these last six nights.

So this morning I woke her up and put her in a green sweater so she could proudly wear her new Yoda shoes. She did it. I am so proud of her.

I also got her a green yoda watch. She will earn that watch if she sleeps 7 nights in a row! This watch lights up green and has a button to listen to a light saber duel. And this girl loves light sabers!



For those that know Ashton, she's been obsessed with watches ever since I got her a potty watch about a year ago. And she's very interested in learning to tell time. So this watch is major for her. So I really hope she can do the 7 nights in a row.

I hate giving "presents" to get her to sleep through the night, but the sticker reward and chocolate/candy reward wasn't working. So I thought to get her to initially started, we give her some real incentive. And who better than Yoda, who would tell her "Do or do not, there is no try". So when Ashton tells me she can't I always tell her she can and I believe in her. And 9 times out of ten she ends up doing it. Just as I knew she'd reach this milestone and earn those shoes.

So I know Christmas is around the corner, but shoes and a watch for much needed sleep. It's worth it.
Let's see what the next few nights bring. I really would like to see this over-sized watch on her little wrist.

Image and video hosting by 

TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...