Friday, October 30, 2015

Halloween Eve

Today at daycare the kids got to break open a ghost pinata!


Ashton came home with a bag full of candy. She still has plenty of candy from her birthday party and she'll have lots from trick or treating from tomorrow. Oh, all the candy in this house! And she's loving every candy mouthful of it.



So after 3 nights in a row, the peaceful sleeps ended. Wednesday night she woke up once crying around 2:30am. I got her back down and asleep by 3am. I was so tired the next day, but I was proud of myself for not caving and letting her sleep in our room.

Last night, Thursday, was a whole different story. She must have woken up at least 6 different times. My husband took the first 3 and I that latter three. One was even 15 minutes before we woke up for the day! 

I don't know if we're doing the right thing by trying to keep her in her room rather than cheat and let her sleep on our floor. I guess it doesn't hurt to try for a few days this way.

I'm dragging is an understatement. Both my hubby and I just don't know what to do. There's got to be an easy way to get her to sleep through the night. Bribing doesn't make a difference. But this will pass. And one day I'll miss my little girl needing me though the night.

But now I get to enjoy her unlimited hugs, kisses, and "I love you" statements all day.



Ashton begged to go trick or treating today. I told her "Tomorrow" and she'd say, "Today". I reasoned with her that  "It's not Halloween today." to which she retorted, "If I go trick or treating today, it will be Halloween." Silly child!

For her, Halloween and more candy can't come soon enough.

Image and video hosting by 

TinyPic

1 comment:

  1. Have you tried melatonin. It helped our sleep issues immensely. We have finally gotten her off of it and she sleeps great

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...