Thursday, May 29, 2014

Nehemiah 1-2


Today was a crazy day.  Just busy at work and busy at home.   I'm not complaining, I love being busy.  I can't stand being idle too long.  But now and then you do want a moment to collect your thoughts then be go, go, go!

Well, since Saturday, Ashton has had a sinus infection.  She has a terrible cough and sneezing with projectile snot.  So, I went to the doctor on Monday and she prescribed prednisolone for her.  She said that if Ashton wasn't better by Thursday to add amocicillin to knock it out of her.  Then she wrote me the prescription that day in case we were to use it.

Come today, Thursday, and my poor baby is still coughing and her nose non-stop running.  It's made her wake up cranky every morning.  She's just not quite her happy-go-lucky self.

So I head off to the drug store to pick up her prescription.  I drop off the script and look around the store.  I look at frames, newest makeup, things to pass the time.  I end up buying some hand lotion for work, for my bottle has been out for about a month, and it's to the point I'm using the pump stick to scrape the bottom of the container trying to get the last of the lotion out.  Then Ashton's name is called and I go back to the pharmacy to pay.

Then the price comes up.  $66!!  What?  I literally gasp.  The pharmacist exclaims, "What?"  I said, "It's 66 dollars!  I wasn't expecting that.  I just paid $1.50 a couple days ago for Ashton's prednisolone."  "Oh." and just brushed my shock off.  I then inquired more.  Did they use our insurance, did things change, why was this one so much more than the amoxicillin we've bought before for her.

I find out that this is amoxicllin and clavulante potassium.  So this added stuff increases the price significantly.

Now I know priorities, I think I have them pretty straight.  The health of your child is right up there with the most important priorities to take care of.  But it seemed ridiculous to pay that much to cure a runny nose.  I would buy it if I had no other options, but I had to try and see if there was another way.

Maybe at another pharmacy it's cheaper?  Maybe I can talk to the doctor and see if she can get straight amoxicillin with out the clavulatne potassium?  I had to try.  I didn't see it as not taking care of my child, but finding alternative to make it more affordable.  It just may be pushed back a day or so.

So I asked her to take it off and if I could have the script back.  The pharmacist said sure.

Then a hand laid on my shoulder.  I turned to the person beside me.  It was a sweet woman, about my age, shorter, but I couldn't place her.  My mind scrambled to think how does this woman know me?  But I didn't know who this stranger was.  I didn't even see her in line when I was waiting by the pharmacy.

She spoke, "God has put it on my heart to pay for your child's medicine."

I'm sure I turned red.  Yes, it was too much, but I wasn't looking for someone to pay for it.

"No, no, no.  That is so okay, thank you."  I was grateful, but also so flustered.

She never stopped holding on to my shoulder.  She kept it there like a tether. "Please, will you allow me to pay for your daughter's medicine."

"Really.  It's okay, I'm going to try and find it cheaper somewhere else."  I really wanted to take care of my girl, do the responsible thing and do it on my own.  How would it be if someone else paid for my daughter's medicine.  I'm not that desolate.

She just repeated herself, "Please, will you allow me to pay for your daughter's medicine."  And that's when I noticed and focused her simple gold cross necklace with what could have been a wedding ring on the chain with it.

That's when something clicked.  It was no longer about someone else paying, it was God saying let me take care of you.  I am here for you.  Please, don't deny me.

And how could I?  How could I deny God?  We so much want to control our lives and be in charge and take care of ourselves.  Could I step back and remember that it is God that leads my path, not me?  That it is His will, not mine.  I could tell no to this woman, but I could not tell no to God.

I nodded and said in a small voice, "Okay."  I can't remember if I thanked her, but I did ask, "What is your name so that I can tell Ashton that you and God helped her today."

She said, "Michelle".

She swiped her card and then turned on her heal and walked away.  She disappeared around an aisle.  After I got my medicine, when I walked out of the store, she was no where in sight.

I don't know why God chose today to give me a powerful God moment.  I love God moments, and this one was loud and clear!  I know that I am blessed; and I know that He is looking out for my amazing daughter.  I know that I will pay it forward one day.  I don't know how or when, but I will.  I am so grateful for Michelle today and for God to show me blatantly that he is watching over and caring for my daughter. I hope to be able to return the favor to someone else, when God has put it in my heart to do so.
Image and video hosting by 

TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...