Tuesday, April 16, 2013

The Call

So, this morning started off with the tourist stuff.  Of course in the back of my head i just wan t the call to clear us.  But I had to wait, so I did my best to get lost in the moment with all the tourist stuff.

First was the Six Banyan's Temple, the Buddhist temple.




We were able to get her blessing.  It was very short, but Ashton loved the chanting.  She kept bopping up and down to the beat.  I hope that wasn't considered rude.



We had out picture taken with the monk who blessed her.









Then we made our way to the Folk Art Museum.  But Ashton was more impressed with going up and down stairs and these were actually her size!









We finally got back to our hotel and we waited, and waited for the call.  at 5 minutes to 3 it came.  Good news, she was clear.  All looked good for her health wise.  Bad news.  That doesn't matter.  They still want proof of treatment and now.  We told our guide we gave her all we had.  Then our consulate appointment tomorrow would be canceled!

What!?!

Without proof we couldn't swear her in to be an American citizen!

If we had the correct paperwork, we could be scheduled for a later consulate appointment that day.  If it was the next day, it could delay our arrival back home, though they would try to expedite our paperwork.

I gave the guides the number of her orphanage saying they'd help get whatever needed from the time she was in the hospital the first months of her life, to see if that would help.  (Being born a preemie  she was hospitalized the first couple of months).  They said they would call.

My husband and I were really worried.  We weren't sure that the hospital would have the paperwork they wanted, if there wasn't any treatment.  Hopefully, the hospital explained the false positive.  

If not, worse case scenario (as we were told): We would leave China WITHOUT our daughter.  Send her BACK to her orphanage for 2 WEEKS, while she got TREATMENT for something she DIDN'T NEED to show them "proof"!

I was livid!  Really?!?  How is this fair or right to our daughter?!?  Who could ever imagine sending their child back to the orphanage?  She wouldn't be the same.  She wouldn't trust us.  Everything we'd come so far... undone.  How do you leave without your child?  It didn't make sense!  We needed another plan!  Any other plan!!

Basically, right now, all we could do was wait.  All we could do was pray that the hospital had the correct information and would send it to the clinic today so we could take a later appointment tomorrow.  But we wouldn't know until tomorrow as the clinic closes at 4pm and we got the call at 3pm.  We only got things in motion to contact the orphanage by 3:30pm!  I wasn't even sure what their speed on this would be.

None of this makes sense.  I mean it does and doesn't.  It's all red tape.  Her future shouldn't depend on something like this.  It's not right.

At 4:45pm we had the group pictures with our travel group.  It was hard to be merry and all smiles when you could have your child stay in China and you leave.








Our family decided that my husband would stay behind if need be and find a way to stay.  Mom and I would leave China and leave them to stay so she wouldn't have to go back to her orphanage.  We love our girl and won't see her ripped from our family.
Image and video hosting by 

TinyPic

2 comments:

  1. My husband and I are just starting our China (SN) adoption journey. I came across your blog and started following recently. I'm also a redhead.

    Your family is in my prayers. I pray everything is quickly fixed and your entire family will be able to travel home together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I have been following your blog for a while and have been really enjoying it! I'm so sorry that you are going through this recent problem, but I know it will all work out for the best! Hang in there, I can't even imagine what you are going through. Carla

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...