Friday, April 5, 2013

Day 2 in Beijing


Today we got to visit Tinimen Square and the Forbidden City.  We got up and had a good breakfast.  Lots of choices.  Then met in the lobby and got on the bus.

We drove to Hutong.  There we rode ricshaws and visited Ms. Wu,  I was very cold on the ride as no sun was out, and it was very windy.  We sat around and listened about her life and warmed up on jasmine tea.


We then went to the silk factory and saw how they made silk blankets.  The 3 little girls in our group had fun with the silk cocoons all day.

We then made our way to a Chinese restaruant where George ordered our lunch.  There was a wide array.  I ate some of the chicken, didn't care for the beef.

I was so proud for not drinking at lunch or anything after breakfast, but I had to go to the restroom.  So I mastered my first squatty potty.

After lunch we went to the square, but as it is the tomb sweeping holiday we could only tour outside, they close the inside for the holidays.  We walked around and it was very windy and cold.




I got stopped for my first photo with the locals.  My mother and I posed with the teenagers that asked.  

Then we made our way back to the hotel and ordered Papa Johns.  Tomorrow is the great wall and Jade factory.
Image and video hosting by 

TinyPic

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...